1835 Essex Central Schoolhouse
Our 1835 Schoolhouse contains semi-permanent exhibits and ship models as well as our archives.
The building was used as a two-room school house until it was turned over to the Grand Army of the Republic in 1890, followed by the American Legion in 1919. In 1976, it became the first home of the Essex Historical Society and Shipbuilding Museum.
|Become A Member||Donate|